Close Menu
  • O NAMA
  • KONTAKT
  • UVJETI KORIšTENJA
  • NASLOVNICA
  • VIJESTI
    • Hrvatska
    • Svijet
    • Politika
    • Crna kronika
    • Novosti iz regije
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORT
    • Nogomet
    • Košarka
    • Tenis
    • Rukomet
    • F-1 i auto-moto
    • Fight
    • Ostali sportovi
  • ZABAVA
    • Lifestyle
    • Turizam i putovanja
    • Zdravlje i hrana
    • Kućni ljubimci
  • CELEBRITY/ INFL
  • FILM / GLAZBA
  • AUTO MOTO
    • Auto-moto vijesti
    • Testovi
    • Motocikli
    • Tuning & styling & servis
    • Oldtimeri
  • TECH
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
times-news.eu
Pretplatite se
  • NASLOVNICA
  • VIJESTI
    • Hrvatska
    • Svijet
    • Politika
    • Crna kronika
    • Novosti iz regije
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORT
    • Nogomet
    • Košarka
    • Tenis
    • Rukomet
    • F-1 i auto-moto
    • Fight
    • Ostali sportovi
  • ZABAVA
    • Lifestyle
    • Turizam i putovanja
    • Zdravlje i hrana
    • Kućni ljubimci
  • CELEBRITY/ INFL
  • FILM / GLAZBA
  • AUTO MOTO
    • Auto-moto vijesti
    • Testovi
    • Motocikli
    • Tuning & styling & servis
    • Oldtimeri
  • TECH
times-news.eu
You are at:Home»Košarka»Death of ex-Yankee Brett Gardner’s son still under investigation
Košarka

Death of ex-Yankee Brett Gardner’s son still under investigation

June 13, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read0 Views
Share
Jun 12, 2025, 05:27 PM ET

More than two months after the death of Miller Gardner, the 14-year-old son of former New York Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner, authorities in Costa Rica say the case remains under investigation and that prosecutors are attempting to determine whether the cause of death will be ruled a homicide.

Gardner died March 21 at a resort in Costa Rica, where he had been staying with his family. In late March, a representative from Costa Rica’s Judicial Investigation Department (OIJ), confirmed to ESPN by text message that investigators believed the death to be accidental rather than the result of foul play. On April 2, authorities said his death was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Since then, the case has remained open, according to a spokeswoman for the Costa Rican prosecutor’s office handling the case. Sharon Hernandez Coto, a press officer from the Prosecutor’s Office of Costa Rica, on behalf of the Quepos and Parrita branch, told ESPN that authorities seek “to determine whether the cause of death was a homicide or not, and, if so, to establish responsibility.”

Editor’s Picks

1 Related

Asked whether a homicide investigation is standard procedure, or if there was suspicion of foul play, the spokeswoman said: “The purpose of the investigation is precisely to determine whether or not we are dealing with a possible homicide. For this reason, it is not possible at this time to confirm or rule out that a crime has been committed.”

She said every case is handled individually. The prosecutor’s office told ESPN that there is no timetable for the investigation to be completed. Hernandez Coto reiterated that the case is under investigation and added: “The aim is to determine whether it was a natural or homicidal death.”

In response to several additional questions, Hernandez Coto responded: “The Quepos and Parrita Prosecutor’s Office indicated that it is not possible to provide more details beyond those already supplied, as the case is under investigation, a stage which is private for third parties. We appreciate your understanding.”

The prosecutor’s office directed ESPN to a 33-page manual on Costa Rican criminal procedure, which explains the process of a prosecutor office’s investigation. The first stage, which includes the collection and analysis of evidence, search warrants, autopsies and requests for pretrial detention, concludes with a prosecutor’s formal accusation, a request for a provisional dismissal or a request to close the case. A second stage can involve a decision to file formal charges. The next step would be a trial stage, followed by any possible appeals. It was unclear which stage the Gardner case is at in the process.

The Gardner family declined to comment.

Brett Gardner and his wife, Jessica, announced their son’s death March 23 in a statement released by the Yankees. According to the statement, Miller Gardner had fallen ill along with several other family members while on vacation.

In a phone call with ESPN two days later, an OIJ spokesperson said Miller Gardner was with family members who told investigators that they had “gone to eat at a restaurant and that the food had made them sick.” In that interview, the spokesperson said the OIJ considered asphyxiation before ruling it out.

OIJ director Randall Zuniga then described in a news conference on March 28 how “the room the family was staying in” was tested a week after Miller Gardner’s death and “high emissions of carbon monoxide were detected.”

A representative from OIJ told ESPN that the case was sent to the prosecutor’s office in Quepos, a town near the Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort, where the teenager’s body was found in his room.

Miller Gardner played high school football in South Carolina and wore No. 11, which his father donned during 14 MLB seasons, all with the Yankees. Brett Gardner, a popular team leader, was a member of New York’s 2009 championship team and retired in 2021.

Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram
Previous ArticleDnevni horoskop, Djevica, 13. 06. 2025.
Next Article Dnevni horoskop, Škorpion, 13. 06. 2025.

Related Posts

Hrvatska košarkaška reprezentacija: Ključni dvoboj protiv Danske za vrh pretkvalifikacijske skupine

August 21, 2025

Hrvatska košarkaška reprezentacija pred novim kvalifikacijskim izazovom: Gostovanje kod Danske

August 20, 2025

ENBL Sezona 2025./26. Donosi Veliko Proširenje na 27 Momčadi; Hrvatski Klubovi Traže Mjesto Kroz Kvalifikacije

August 19, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Recent Posts
  • Europolova Operacija ‘DECOY II’ Zaustavila Krivotvoritelje Valute: Hrvatska Među 18 Zemalja Sudionica
  • Hrvatske plaće nadmašile češke, ali raste zabrinutost za tržište rada
  • Mješovita kretanja dionica Končar Grupe na Zagrebačkoj burzi unatoč blagom rastu indeksa
  • Hrvatska inflacija nastavlja rasti treći mjesec zaredom, svrstana među najviše stope u Eurozoni
  • Izrada vijesti nije moguća: Izvorni materijal nije priložen
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram TikTok

Europolova Operacija ‘DECOY II’ Zaustavila Krivotvoritelje Valute: Hrvatska Među 18 Zemalja Sudionica

Hrvatske plaće nadmašile češke, ali raste zabrinutost za tržište rada

Mješovita kretanja dionica Končar Grupe na Zagrebačkoj burzi unatoč blagom rastu indeksa

Neuspjeh u dohvaćanju vijesti: Tehničke poteškoće spriječile potvrdu objave

Valamar donosi ESPA: Prvi luksuzni wellness centar svjetski poznatog brenda otvara se u Istri

Alat za pregledavanje naišao na tehničku prepreku u prikupljanju podataka

  • O NAMA
  • KONTAKT
  • UVJETI KORIšTENJA

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.