Close Menu
  • O NAMA
  • KONTAKT
  • UVJETI KORIšTENJA
  • NASLOVNICA
  • VIJESTI
    • Hrvatska
    • Svijet
    • Politika
    • Crna kronika
    • Novosti iz regije
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORT
    • Nogomet
    • Košarka
    • Tenis
    • Rukomet
    • F-1 i auto-moto
    • Fight
    • Ostali sportovi
  • ZABAVA
    • Lifestyle
    • Turizam i putovanja
    • Zdravlje i hrana
    • Kućni ljubimci
  • CELEBRITY/ INFL
  • FILM / GLAZBA
  • AUTO MOTO
    • Auto-moto vijesti
    • Testovi
    • Motocikli
    • Tuning & styling & servis
    • Oldtimeri
  • TECH
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
times-news.eu
Pretplatite se
  • NASLOVNICA
  • VIJESTI
    • Hrvatska
    • Svijet
    • Politika
    • Crna kronika
    • Novosti iz regije
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORT
    • Nogomet
    • Košarka
    • Tenis
    • Rukomet
    • F-1 i auto-moto
    • Fight
    • Ostali sportovi
  • ZABAVA
    • Lifestyle
    • Turizam i putovanja
    • Zdravlje i hrana
    • Kućni ljubimci
  • CELEBRITY/ INFL
  • FILM / GLAZBA
  • AUTO MOTO
    • Auto-moto vijesti
    • Testovi
    • Motocikli
    • Tuning & styling & servis
    • Oldtimeri
  • TECH
times-news.eu
You are at:Home»Tenis»Queen’s 2025: Boultucanu, sell-out crowds and home comforts – how first women’s tournament since 1973 unfolded
Tenis

Queen’s 2025: Boultucanu, sell-out crowds and home comforts – how first women’s tournament since 1973 unfolded

June 15, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read0 Views
Share

Ticket prices were lower in the WTA week, which will not yet be able to raise anything like the revenue of the long-established men’s event.

Just over 80% of the tickets were purchased before the tournament began and Saturday’s semi-finals were sold out.

“The two tournaments have different personalities and we want to make sure the women’s event has its own identity,” Robson told BBC 5 Live.

“From ticket sales we’ve noticed 55% of the tickets have been sold to women this week. That’s not the case next week.

“We’ve seen a younger, more diverse audience in the crowd, and that’s something we hope to grow in many years to come. This feels like the start of something special.”

Attracting the biggest players is an ongoing challenging. With Queen’s taking place straight after the French Open, only three top-10 players ultimately competed, with world number three Jessica Pegula a late withdrawal.

The total fund this week was £1.043m ($1.415m), compared with £2.122m (2.522m euros) for the men. The LTA has pledged to introduce equal prize money by no later than 2029.

As for the courts, they do show signs of wear and tear after a week of action, but that is to be expected. Tennis correspondent Russell Fuller compared them to “day three or four” at Wimbledon.

“I can’t actually believe how well they’ve held up,” said Robson. “It looks almost pristine still.

“The ground staff have done an incredible job and put in some serious hours.

“So far, no complaints from the ATP players on site, and long may that continue.”

Britain’s Dan Evans, arriving on site while the tournament was ongoing, said the women’s event being held before the men’s had created a better buzz around the venue.

Ultimately, having a standalone women’s event put the spotlight firmly on the female players as the British public begins to turn its attention towards Wimbledon.

“I think it’s a really good opportunity for women’s tennis,” Boulter added.

“It was a massive schedule change and probably quite risky, because we are quite set in our ways.

“I think it’s in a place that it should be – and it’s pushing more and more towards where it could be.”

Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram
Previous ArticleMachineseeker EHF FINAL4 2025 Liga prvaka: Njemačko finale u Kolnu
Next Article More parity in college baseball? 2025 MCWS could be a glimpse of things to come

Related Posts

Osijek domaćin ključnog Davis Cup dvoboja: Hrvatska dočekuje Francusku u borbi za završnicu

August 15, 2025

Plava Laguna Croatia Open Umag: Povoljan ždrijeb za hrvatske tenisače, drugi nositelj Tallon Griekspoor odustao zbog ozljede

July 21, 2025

Drugi nositelj Tallon Griekspoor povukao se s turnira u Umagu zbog ozljede

July 21, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Recent Posts
  • Europolova Operacija ‘DECOY II’ Zaustavila Krivotvoritelje Valute: Hrvatska Među 18 Zemalja Sudionica
  • Hrvatske plaće nadmašile češke, ali raste zabrinutost za tržište rada
  • Mješovita kretanja dionica Končar Grupe na Zagrebačkoj burzi unatoč blagom rastu indeksa
  • Hrvatska inflacija nastavlja rasti treći mjesec zaredom, svrstana među najviše stope u Eurozoni
  • Izrada vijesti nije moguća: Izvorni materijal nije priložen
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram TikTok

Europolova Operacija ‘DECOY II’ Zaustavila Krivotvoritelje Valute: Hrvatska Među 18 Zemalja Sudionica

Hrvatske plaće nadmašile češke, ali raste zabrinutost za tržište rada

Mješovita kretanja dionica Končar Grupe na Zagrebačkoj burzi unatoč blagom rastu indeksa

Neuspjeh u dohvaćanju vijesti: Tehničke poteškoće spriječile potvrdu objave

Valamar donosi ESPA: Prvi luksuzni wellness centar svjetski poznatog brenda otvara se u Istri

Alat za pregledavanje naišao na tehničku prepreku u prikupljanju podataka

  • O NAMA
  • KONTAKT
  • UVJETI KORIšTENJA

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.